So... now that you have a lace-up top, I bet your wondering how to get all those pretty X's all the way down the front.
Here's how you do it:
decide if you want the bow at the top or the bottom. I
like the bow at the bottom so I'll start lacing from the top. If you
want your bow at the top, start lacing from the bottom and do everything
1. Draw both ends of the ribbon UP through the top holes. Adjust both ends of the ribbon so they are the same length.
2. Take one side of the ribbon and cross it over diagonally to the next hole. Thread the ribbon DOWN this hole.
3. Now, take the ribbon straight across to the next hole...
... and bring it UP through that hole.
If the ribbon has any twists in it, straighten it out now.
The first half of the X is done.
the other end of the ribbon and go across diagonally to the next hole
and thread the ribbon DOWN this hole.
From now on, there will be 2 ribbons in each hole.
One goes down and the other comes up.
5. Then go straight across and bring the ribbon UP.
any twists in the ribbon, adjust both ends to make sure they are still the same length and gently pull the laces so they are snug .
The first X is complete.
Repeat steps 2 through 6.
2. Diagonal and down.
3. Across and up.
4. Diagonal and down.
5. Across and up.
6. Fix any twists and gently pull them so they are snug.
And do it again.
7. When you get to the end, adjust all the X's so they look pretty and tie a bow.
Want to know an easy trick to make perfect bows? Tie the knot with the doll standing on her feet. Then turn the doll upside down and tie the bow. This works for hair ribbons, too.